It’s very quiet at the moment and I don’t really have a lot to do.
Thought it was time to share some photographs with you all.
I’m Dorothy and I live in the little coastal town of Oamaru (pictured above) on the Southeast Coast of New Zealand’s South Island.
There are lots of things to do in Oamaru. We have lots of places to eat great food and just relax for a while.
Here’s a short list of places to go:
- Public Gardens lovely for an afternoon stroll. Chalmers Street.
- Harbour Street Precinct, and eclectic mix of Arts, crafts, and food.
- Blue Penguin Colony, Sunset penguin parade down at the bottom of the Harbour
- Main Road shops on Thames Street. Something for everyone.
- Unique Victorian Oamaru Whitestone buildings scattered throughout the town.
- Steampunk HQ on Humber Street for all those Bio-Shock, Jules Vern, and Dr. Who fans.
- Oamaru is the Open door to Alp’s to Ocean Cycle Way, Elephant Rocks, Waitaki Lakes, Tekapo and Mt Cook.
One of the sites that I submit photographs to is https://gurushots.com Photographers from around the world are given the chance to display their work and share opportunities to get points and win prizes in their interesting and exciting challenges.
Why don’t you give it a try!